We have put the following measures in place to ensure we are GDPR compliant.
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal dat
Our full details are:
The Derby Therapist, unit 39, The Derwent Business Centre, Clarke Street, Derby, DE1 2BU.
Email address: email@example.com
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us.
Below are our policies on how we collect data from you and which data we collect from you:
- Client Consultation Forms
- Identity Data includes your first name, last name, title, date of birth.
- Contact Data includes your home address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Health Data: The medical & emotional questions are required so that we can provide a Holistic Treatment for you.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments made by yourself for treatments.
- Your personal data will be stored and be accessible by The Derby Therapist.
- Your information will not be shared to any third party companies.
- By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
- Medical Malpractice requests that we keep consultation files on record for seven years once you have received your last treatment with Emma Roe. After this date they will be shredded.
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or medical requirements
- Your consultation forms are kept in a locked filing cabinet at my business address.
- Your files are not viewed or accessible by anyone other than Emma Roe, unless consent is given by yourself to share with other therapists.
- You can ask to view your client files at any given time.
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
This website is operated by The Derby Therapist and we are committed to protecting your personal information and will keep any information you provide safely and securely.
- Disclosing Information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- Webserver Logs
For statistical purposes, We will gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. These log files contain standard information collected by web servers, such as client IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), operating system, etc. This information is only used internally, and is not distributed or sold to a third party. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyse trends, to administer the website and to gather demographic information about Our user base as a whole.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
You can find more information about cookies at:
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access, correction and removal to your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you request access to your personal data, there will not be a fee unless the request is excessive.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month.
- Links to Third Party Websites